The Eurofighter is the world’s most advanced new generation multi-role/swing-role combat aircraft available on the market. It represents the peak of British, German, Italian and Spanish collaborative technology in avionics, aerodynamics, materials, manufacturing techniques and engines. Eurofighter Typhoon is Europe’s largest military collaborative programme.
Eurofighter Typhoon is the only fighter to offer wide-ranging operational capabilities whilst at the same time delivering unparalleled fleet effectiveness.
EUROFIGHTER´S MOST OUTSTANDING FEATURES ARE:
- Future-oriented modular avionic and digital Flight Control System
- Super-cruising, multi-role, swing-role capabilities
- Ultra-modern human-machine interface: LCD screens, Hands on Throttle and Stick (HOTAS) functionalities, the Helmet Mounted Display (HMD), and Direct Voice Input
- Advanced sensor data fusion and Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
- AESA radar and sensitive Infra-Red Search and Tracking system (IRST)
- Extensive weapons/stores inventory on 13 hard points
- Stealth features and powerful engines
- Automated and mission-tailored defensive aids for high survivability
- Designed for continuous growth with low cost of ownership
620 Eurofighter aircraft have been ordered by the four programme nations. Austria has booked and received 15 aircraft. Another 72 have been ordered by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and delivery began in June 2009.
The Kingdom of Oman was ordering 12 Eurofighter Typhoon in 2012 with delivery to start in 2017.
In September 2015 the State of Kuwait and Italy have signed a MoU for the supply of 28 Eurofighter Typhoon with deliveries to start from 2019.
Final assembly of the series production aircraft is in full swing in the four countries. Delivery to the four partner nations started in 2003.
The Eurofighter is marketed for non-European export as “Eurofighter Typhoon”.
For more information visit www.eurofighter.com/